BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sometimes I feel really down...


Hey guys!

This blog entry is especially directed for PookieTheBird on YouTube (who doesn't make videos). Here is the message I got from them:

"Hi Claudia! I just wanted to ask you something. Could you please make a video about how to manage these days that things are really not working? I mean, when you're having a bad day, you're not having luck, you're a little down, or you fail in doing something and you feel bad. What do you do to "change the mood" and stop that "sadness" and just get happy again. Do you have this kind of days? I have them from time to time and I always end feeling better and thinking "I will never be unhappy again because of this", but if that thing happens again, I fell down again :( And I hate it! And also I want to know how do you manage major problems like having someone around who is a really bad person that want to hurt you! Or when you have problems with your family or other people. And when you have people around that is SO negative, how do you do to not be affected by this? I mean, I have relatives SO close-minded that I feel it's ruining my life :( But I try to be free and live how I really want to live, but it's hard, you know.
Wow, I hope you can understand all this! I'm Spanish and I don't speak english really well so it's hard to write! But I tried :)
Your videos are really helpful, I love the way you are, you are inspiring and you always make me feel good when I watch your videos :) I like your style and I also design and sew :)"

So hey PookieTheBird, this is for you :)
I've been pretty depressed a couple times. Not seriously, but I just felt really bad about myself. Both of my parents can be negative, sometimes they say "You'll never be a fashion designer" and they don't always respect me, my beliefs and dreams. My friends can be really disapproving about things too. But I know they only do this because they care about me, still, it brings me down. I've also felt like nothing was going right in my life, like everyone else had it made and I was just stuck in the ground. I've even felt fat and dumb. Here are the things that get me through these feelings and stages:
- screaming
- then quiet and being alone

- reading
- drawing
- music
- watching YouTube videos (I find makeup tutorials really relaxing)
- watching my fav tv shows on surfthechannel.com
- manis & pedis
- tea or apple cider
- making art/collages
- go for a walk
- set goals
I think about how tomorrow is another day and another chance. Setting goals is a big thing, it really helps you to achieve the things you want and that makes you feel proud of yourself and sometimes other people feel proud of you too which usually leads to hapiness :)
I try not to scream or talk back to the person I'm mad at or think about life and death. I also don't go to online stores and stuff cause that makes me upset cause I can't buy anything since I'm broke. When you feel so bad, doing things that make you happy - everyone has their own hobbies - really help. For me it's drawing, YouTube and sewing and stuff.
My parents are really protective. They don't let me take public transportation and won't let me go certain places and I can't see my friends often cause they don't live near me. I feel like I don't have freedom which makes me really mad and it's hard. But I tell myself that I'm still young and my freedom will come. I'll be able to drive by myself in a year and a little and hopefully my parents will let me take the bus this year!

Well that's all I've got, I hope it helped!
xoxo Claudia

0 comments: