BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 6, 2009

6 Meals A Day Diet

So today I have started this diet. I'm going to post what I eat every day as much as I can, but this here is the info about the diet that I researched and stuff.
So you can have 6 or 5 small meals a day, it doesn't really matter, but I'm doing 6. You're supposed to have a meal every 2-3 hours, (I'm doing 2 hours today because it's Saturday and I woke up later than usual, but I would do every 3 hours otherwise) which can be hard with work and school, but I'm starting now that I only have one more day of school left so that it's easier and then I'll get used it. Hopefully next year my teachers don't mind eating during class :P You have to make sure that you have enough from every food group, of course. Protein, dairy, veggies & fruits, grain, and fats/carbs. Your first meal should have more carbs than the others, just to make a good, energized start to your day.
This diet is really healthy because first of all, it boots your metabolism. Also, you're eating a lot, but in small portions, which fills you up just enough, and you don't even feel the need to snack because you know that you'll have your next meal in a couple of hours! As long as you don't surround yourself with fatty snacks and learn not to go to gross fast food joints.
One thing about this diet is working it around your family. My family gets it, and I don't really eat with them a lot anyway, but when I do, I have a little portion and finish faster than the rest of them. I decided that if I go out for dinner with friends or family, I would have a bigger portion than usual, but still not that big, and the next day I'd go to the usual 6 meals a day.
I think that an important way to start this diet is plan what you will eat in the beginning of the day so that you know you're getting enough nutrients and stuff. I go to the kitchen, see what we have, decide on what I should eat and go to write down what I would like to eat. It isn't hard to stay to what you write down. Especially if you pack your "lunch". I think I would write "meal 1", "meal 2" etc. on my packaged food :)
So yeah! If you're thinking about this diet, you should totally try it! It's awesome and you can even lose a lot of weight :D I got to go make my third meal now, but I'll post a new blog tonight about what I ate today :)
xo

0 comments: